Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Day at the Zoo!


Adam and I decided to take advantage of this beautiful March weather with some much needed time outside. What a better way to spend it than at the Vilas Zoo?!?! It is, afterall, close to home and entirely free!

We had a nice time walking around and visiting the animals. It's funny that no matter how old you get, you can never go wrong with a trip to the zoo. It seems to bring out the best in people!

Of course we couldn't leave Gravel at home, so we brought him along. He waited (patiently, I'm sure) in the back of the truck while we looked at the animals. When we were done wandering, we let him out and took a loooong walk. My doctor says it's the best thing I can do to encourage Wil to make his grand entrance into this world! Our walk was nice, but we found ourselves miles away from the truck rather quickly. Panic set in as I noticed a rather intense hill I was to climb before making it back to the truck... Adam could feel my tension and was sure I was either going to begin to cry or swear uncontrollably!

In the end, we of course made it back. I was exhausted from hauling my large self the entire distance around the Zoo, but I was excited to be able to choose where to eat lunch... Chipotle! We had a fabulous day together and are looking forward to making the trip again... only next time, our little man will be joining us! WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment