Friday, January 15, 2010

Whatchoo got in there?

'Tis report card season in first grade, which means I've been quite busy at the office! We decided to have a Pajama/Popcorn/Movie Party to end an intense 2 weeks of assessments... down below, you'll see what I wore - it was GREAT! I was finally comfortable at school, which hasn't been the case lately.

As we were lining the kids up to head back from the movie, I had an absolutely hilarious conversation with Julieta, one of the Spanish speaking students in first grade! It may be the best baby discussion I've had yet! It went as follows:

Julieta (in broken English) - "Mrs. Geurts, whatchoo got in there?"
Me (looking down & realizing she's pointing at my stomach) - "What?"
Julieta - "You put a ball in your shirt?"
Me - "No, no, no Julieta. I have a baby in there."
Julieta - "In your shirt?!?!?!"
Me - "No. In my tummy."
Julieta - "Under the skin?!??!!?"
Me - "Yes. I'm going to have a baby."
Julieta - "Eeeeewwwwaaaahhhhh!" (A long pause) "Can I see under it?"
Me - "No."
Julieta - "Are you going to get it out of there?"
Me - "Oh, it looks like we're going back to our classrooms now. See you later Julieta!" (Saved by the bell so to speak... no one wants to discusss child birth with someone else's 7 year old).

I guess it's a good thing that I've been able to pull off hiding this pregnancy in the eyes of Julieta since September... it's like she never even noticed my belly growing! Here's to making it to 30 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stefanie! I found your blog off of a comment on Lana's facebook page. You look amazing!! Congrats on your little one. :)

    Becky Baumbach (Kai's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! It's great to hear from you... thanks for visiting our blog - I'm a wee bit obsessed! Hope you are all doing well!

    P.S. Kai was on my list of favorite boy names - it came in 3rd!

    ReplyDelete