Friday, August 23, 2013

Well, there went summer.

I had this fabulous idea that I would try to post every week during the summer. We're so busy and it feels like we've always got plenty to share. Well, I didn't. Not surprising, really, but I'll try to get better. It's when I'm searching my phone and viewing over 200 photographs that I've taken in the last 2 months that I realize... I really need to add this to the blog. Let's face it, the only reason I write this blog is so that I can look back on it years from now and remember all of the little (and big) things we've done. My friend and I laugh that I don't need to create a "baby book" for the boys because I've got this great blog to look back on. It's true! I love it. (Thank God I don't have to do a baby book!!)

So, catch up post number 1: Mini Vacays!

The four of us took a trip to the Milwaukee Zoo this summer. It was the first time in a long time for Adam and I and the boys absolutely loved it! Here are some pictures from our day...
 
Riding the train!
Notice their mutual excitement for picture taking.

Lions!

Tigers!

Giraffe people!

Discussing a possible wolf siting.
 
Telling me about it!
 
One of my favorite "Jayce faces".
He's my little thinker.

Um. Should this thing be walking around?

Daddy's lost.
Wil wants to "Just keep moving!!"
Jayce keeps eating and posing for pictures.

One of Wil's favorites!
 
Oh, happy day!
Kid 2 was passed out before we left the parking lot.
 
 
We also took an over night trip to Wisconsin Dells, something we've been doing for the last 3 years with Wil. This year Jayce came too! We always stay at the Polynesian Hotel (not the fanciest and a wee bit "old school", but totally worth the price and PERFECT for little ones!). I didn't get many pictures because I was too busy swimming, going down water slides with Wil, relaxing in the Lazy River with Jayce, and drinking fruity cocktails in the sun.


I love, Love, LOVE that Wil is a fish and has no fear of the water (just like me). He was all about this huge water slide. We must've went down it 10 times.

Adam took the pictures.
He is NOT a fish.
He sinks.
So does Jayce.

 
Adam was excited that Wil is such a Gear Head... just like him. He was also excited that this year, Wil was big enough to ride the Go-Karts! I was a little nervous because I know Adam has been kicked off MANY Go-Karts in his life and I feared that he wouldn't hold back with his 3 year old along for the ride. I was right, but Wil loved it just the same and they both survived.




Another successful trip!
Kid 2 was once again passed out. :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you 4 are having a fantastic summer! It's not over quite yet. While Wilby is camping and watching truck races this weekend with his Daddy, Grampa 4wheeler and Grandma Geurts we will find something great for Jayce too. I'm sure as long as it involves seeing some animals he will think it's the best. Just glad Namma gets to get in on some of the fun!

    ReplyDelete