Thursday, February 7, 2013

My kid is BIG.

There are moments throughout my day when I look at Wil and wonder when he became a teenager. And then, there are moments when I wonder when the tantrum will end and when he'll become himself again rather than a raging lunatic. Aaahh, the joys of raising a toddler. Wait. Is he still considered a toddler? Is he a preschooler? Technically he goes to preschool, but what is an almost three-year-old called?

Anyways... Here are some things that make him BIG.

He loves puzzles.
 He knows nearly all of his colors and can count to 5 (on a good day).
Here he is playing a color-matching game!
 
He loves drawing pictures for his Dad (and sometimes for me if we're getting along).
Lines, Arches, and Circles... Huge! :)

He loves swimming ~ all by himself.

 AND going on gigantic water slides that require him to climb like 500 feet into the air...
all by himself.
 
 He gets super annoyed with his little brother (often calling him "annoying!") particularly if Jayce is yelling in his ear, taking his monster trucks, or poking him (as seen in the photo below).
 But, he can also be the BEST big brother in the entire world ~ helping him if he's stuck, sharing a toy, or giving him a bite to eat.

He sneaks into our bed in the night.

He puts his hands in his pockets while he "waits".

AND he gets his hair cut. Well, he has once in his entire life, but it was big!
Huge!
But, I didn't cry because I was busy convincing him that it as indeed safe to sit in that tall chair while some stranger comes at him with a pair of scissors.
 
And the biggest news yet... Fingers crossed, but I think we may be heading in the right direction!
 
 
Did I blink? Where did this baby go?
 

1 comment: