Friday, September 30, 2011

One and one half.

Dear Wil,

Ten days ago marked yet another milestone in your short, precious life. Ok. Not really a milestone, but it feels like one to me! You are 18 months old. That is gigantic! You may as well be 18 YEARS old. I can't believe how time has flown by. It feels like only yesterday that we brought you home...
and now, you're all grown up. Ok. Again, not really all grown up, but I'm the Momma and it feels that way for me!
Perhaps I'm feeling a bit nostalgic because I know that in less than 6 short months, you'll have a new brother or sister to spend all of your time with. I'm so excited for a new baby, but a little scared too. Does the new baby know how much I love YOU? Will the new baby understand that sometimes I will want only YOU? Will I be able to share my love between the two of you? People say, "yes... of course... people have more than one child all the time and Mommas and Daddas have plenty of love to give". I hope they're right (I'm sure they are).

At the end of each day, when I'm feeling nervous about #2, I remind myself that I will always have YOU. My first. My first love. My first feelings of absolute fear that I may not be doing something right. Your first smile, giggle, roll, crawl, word (Da-Da, of course), step, and everything else we've experienced FIRST, with YOU.

Speaking of you (as usual)... here is a little bit about YOU! You weigh 25lbs 14oz and you are 32 inches long. HUGE! Actually, right on track for a regular ol' 18 month old... in the 45th percentile-ish. Your head is still big! But, you're getting hair. Actually, I'm going to say it, you have hair. It's just white!

Here are a few things you LIKE:

Eating. Everything.
Playing with the neighbors!
Elmo. It's true! These are your NEW Elmo slippers. LOVE!
Animals. Your latest obsession is fish.
Fishies. You call them "i-ees"!
And... Gymnastics!
Here you can run, roll, crawl, jump, swing, dance,
hide, hang, and be ALL Boy!
I let your inner-monster out every Friday from 11:00-12:45.
I must invest in this roller coaster thingy! It's your favorite!!
 
Here you are jumping on the trampoline. Well, you can't figure
out how to jump yet, but were working on it! In the
meantime, you just run around in circles and then fall down!
Climbing in the Bouncy House! See that giant mountain
back there? You can't make it over it.
It's our goal for the winter...
Get to the other side of the mountain!!!
You've been working on your 'climbing' with Miss Lillianne.
It's tricky. You're a bit top heavy!

There. All of these pictures have already changed my mood from a bit weapy to super excited! You're amazing! Can't you see?!? I am so excited for the next 18 months, better yet, the next 18 years to see how much you'll change. I can't even picture it, yet. We love you Wilby!

Don't tell anyone, but I think I love you the most.
I'm sure of it, actually...

~ Momma

1 comment:

  1. Time sure does fly by. It is hard to believe that our Grandbaby is 18 months old already. He has learned so much and has great parents that have tought him many things. We are so proud of the both of you and WILBY and are looking forward to our new addition to our family.

    ReplyDelete